As Halloween inches closer to our doorsteps, it is important to practice effective oral health care plans to ensure your smile can survive for many holidays to come. By exercising and preparing yourself for the temptations that may arise, you can easily make sure the holiday season is enjoyable and won’t destroy your smile. Listed below are a few tips to remember:
– After Halloween, do not hold onto excess candy, as you can end up eating it for weeks on end. Instead, dispose of any candy lying around.
– Make sure always to brush and floss and use any kind of cleaning tools you can to keep your mouth free of debris, as the longer candy is in contact with your teeth, the longer that dental erosion can occur.
– As an alternative to giving your child sweets for the holidays, you can swap out their candy for toys they may be interested in. This way they can still enjoy the fun that comes with trick or treating without the issues that can arise from them eating buckets of candy afterward.
– Always remember to visit your dentist for routine examinations and professional cleanings.
– Instead of enjoying sugary sweets this season, switch them out for healthy treats instead.
– Avoid products that can easily chip and crack your teeth, including hard candy, popcorn balls, and popcorn kernels.
Family Dental Care Park Ridge wishes you all a safe and happy Halloween! We look forward to seeing you soon! If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Matthew Demas, please call us at (847) 692.6800, or stop by our office in Park Ridge, Illinois.